View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #3
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 18,098
The ride incorporates single track, ATV trails, railroad grade ORV trails, two-tracks, forest roads, and a mix of other paved and unpaved roads. I intentionally included some significant segments of pavement because the ride is so good on them - even on a dirt bike (shore roads, twisties, etc). Before someone asks, yes there are some other paved segments. Some are out of necessity and some out of convenience. This is simply the cost of doing business as this dual sport ride covers a large area. I have many, many tracks in the UP. The idea in putting out this path is to provide an entertaining mix of riding that will cover the distance in a reasonable amount of time. No one has minded the pavement too much in the past. In fact, sometimes they were grateful for it so as to get a break for a bit.

I will post GPS tracks for download once I polish the file up a bit.

I will principally use photos I took over the past few days when I was enjoying the ride myself. Sometimes I will include some photos from some of the CannonTreks if it helps to better describe a trail segment.

Cannonshot screwed with this post 10-09-2010 at 02:43 PM
Cannonshot is offline   Reply With Quote