I use 900 to prep, then I scuff with 80 grit dry sandpaper, then clean up with 901.
Dishsoap is actually one of the best degreasers you can use, but 900 and 901 evaporate very fast so you don't have to wait for it to dry.
I mix the bedliner well, then start dabbing the seams with a 2" disposable brush. Make sure to mask off the mounting holes on the exterior.
Then I use a 3" trim roller to apply the first coat.
The instructions say to wait 1-2 hours for the second coat. While I'm waiting, I fab up and paint some rear turn signal relocation brackets out of 3/16" x 1 1/2" flatbar.
Second coat applied and waiting to dry. Once all dry I will clean up the excess on the lip underneath.
Brackets are dry, so I mount the signals. I moved them straight back 2 1/4". Luckily, I had rewired my whole bike (due to poor wireharness routing from the factory) and mounted the signal connectors under the seat for protection. When I did that, I had to extend everything, so there was plenty of slack without having to re-do the wiring.
Tomorrow will be another trip to the hardware store for some 3/8" panhead bolts to remount the lower support.