View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 07:17 AM   #12
PFFOG OP
Richard Alps-aholic

Oddometer: 1,916
Thursday Oct 8th
A nice breakfast and the wife and I suited up to do a little loop. We decided to go up to Assisi, the birthplace of Saint Francis, and home of Basilica of San Francesco d'Assisi.

We then wandered through town, grabbed our first gelato of the trip for lunch, as we had a big dinner scheduled at the hotels very popular and highly rated restaurant that evening.
The wife wandered in and out of some shops, and I decided to people watch on the street. As I was leaning against a building on the street, I suddenly felt a PLOP glance my neck and land on my shoulder, as a pigeon decided it did not like me standing beneath its perch. The wife got quite a chuckle; I wish I had a gun.

We went back to the bike and made our exit by driving through the old town, in spite of the local traffic only signs, we were on a BMW with German plates, so instead of people thinking were inconsiderate Americans, they thought we were arrogant Germans.

We made loop to the west and then back up to Spello from the South, and got back early afternoon. .
The hotel and restaurant in Spello.

We thought we would do some shopping in town, but when we got back we sat in the garden, ordered a beer and relaxed, with this view.

Decided we would take a short nap before shopping, a couple hours later we woke up, with only time to get ready for another great five course meal, with wine selected by the chef, and finished off with another round of limoncello and Grappa. The wife was so impressed with the limoncello, she asked the waiter to bring a full bottle, which made it home intact.
PFFOG is online now   Reply With Quote