Thread: Honda CBR250R.
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 09:12 AM   #24
Gryphon12
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,242
You nay-sayers are kidding right? KTM announces a 125 Duke and you beg for a 250cc version. Honda gives it to you, and you pan it. No wonder we don't get many of the smaller, cool bikes in the US (despite our lack of a tiered licensing system). Yes, I like the VTR-250 V-twin. I'd buy one of those, too. The CBR-250RR in-line four cylinder was a GP race bike with a license plate. Very cool collectable, and maybe a good track training motorcycle, but hardly useful for US roads.

By the way, no one pans the R1-derived single in the Yamaha WR-250R/X. And the WR-250X does quite well on US roads (all of them). It has a great torque curve.

Get real. We need the choices in smaller motorcycles in the US. The price of gasoline will go up again - it is a limited resource. I want to see where Honda puts the price point and the quality of the suspension. I want to see where my insurance company prices coverage for it. And I don't think it is about competition for the 650 class; it is about choices. If we don't buy them, no others will be forthcoming.
Gryphon12 is online now   Reply With Quote