View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 04:44 AM   #45
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riff
Thanks Doug

I feel more like a Cycle Junkie with every ride I take these days. The more I ride the more I want to, and I don't want to know if there a cure?! .................................................. ............................. Don't get me wrong I could not have posted this thread in pretense, but I do hear the call of the wind! Go West OLE MAN Go West. I might have to call on you someday to guide me out west, but until then these here mountains have endless adventures, incredible places, grand historical heritage, and the People. It's always comes down to the people especially the folks I have been meeting on this ride down this thread.
Looks like you have the gene which makes you highly susceptable to being a motorcycle addict I've got the gene too. And you are right, the more you ride, the more addicted you become.

Like you, I've got a burning desire to ride out west. I lived in San Diego for a few years and have taken a few trips back out west but every time I read another western ride report, I wanna go back!

The only problem is that with limited time off, going west burns lots of time. I just did a few days of riding in the "mountains of the East" ...actually southeast, and it reminded me of how lucky I am to live near some great riding. That ride, as well as your RRs like yours, remind me of how much I haven't seen yet. It also reminded me that although we don't have the same majestic views of the west, there's plenty of beautiful scenery in the east.

My RR if you're interested is here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=630570

And last but not least, you mentioned people. I have found that motorcyclists are unmatched in their friendliness and zest for life. This forum has really helped me meet many of them.

Hope we have the chance to meet and ride some day. In the meantime, there's only one cure for our addiction.....lets

klaviator screwed with this post 10-29-2010 at 04:57 AM
klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote