View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 11:46 AM   #50
manfromthestix
Lost in Space

Oddometer: 2,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly
A cruise
I would be stir crazy on a ship. Much, much rather be on the bike, or at least in my sports car. Or mountain bike.....or anywhere but on a cruise.
I'm home this weekend, and maybe next. Then probably back to Chicago for work.
Gonna have to put the two wheel toys for the winter soon. Hoping to get out while I can tho.
+1, too confining. My personal vision of Hell is a Tour Bus. Gawd, I can't imagine... My son and I rode to Jasper up the Icefields Parkway a few years ago (if you've never done that ride you should, unbelievable!). We had stopped at a gorgeous overlook and had it all to ourselves until (no kidding) three tour busses pulled up and disgorged the hoards - we were literally pushed off the viewpoint by over 100 people all clamoring for a photo of the same view at the same time. We BOLTED.

We spent a couple of weeks in the Hawaiian islands a few years ago and I decided I could never live on an island either. Well, Australia or New Zealand maybe . We rented a motorcycle (HD Sportster ) and rode every mile of the main highway on the Big Island in one day, maybe 160 miles including a tour of Volcano NP. I guess we could have done it again backwards and gotten another 160 out of it. Give me the mountains and wide open spaces any day!

Doug