View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 05:09 PM   #51
Riff OP
Legend - In my Mind

Oddometer: 307
OK Mountain Men!

WVhillbilly A cruise
I would be stir crazy on a ship. Much, much rather be on the bike, or at least in my sports car. Or mountain bike.....or anywhere but on a cruise.
I'm home this weekend, and maybe next. Then probably back to Chicago for work.
Gonna have to put the two wheel toys for the winter soon. Hoping to get out while I can tho.[/quote]

Hey HillBilly NOOOOOOO Say it ain't so! Have to tell ya About 4:10 today I put google maps to the test! It says Bedford PA is 31.6 miles straight up rt 220 and takes 45 min. UUUUHHH NO only took 25 min. had the proper attire and despite 59 degree temp nice. Took my time coming back and got home around 5:05. It felt so good. I am going to ride as long as I can stay warm enough, and road conditions permit. Most of my rides this time of the year are south bound. Chicago! Not trying to button hole you here, but there must be a job that is paying insane amounts of money that would make me want to work in Chicago for the winter. OH that's right two screaming bikes and a Sports Car Ok I get it! I guess they Are!

Doug +1, too confining. My personal vision of Hell is a Tour Bus. Gawd, I can't imagine... My son and I rode to Jasper up the Icefields Parkway a few years ago (if you've never done that ride you should, unbelievable!). We had stopped at a gorgeous overlook and had it all to ourselves until (no kidding) three tour busses pulled up and disgorged the hoards - we were literally pushed off the viewpoint by over 100 people all clamoring for a photo of the same view at the same time. We BOLTED.

We spent a couple of weeks in the Hawaiian islands a few years ago and I decided I could never live on an island either. Well, Australia or New Zealand maybe . We rented a motorcycle (HD Sportster ) and rode every mile of the main highway on the Big Island in one day, maybe 160 miles including a tour of Volcano NP. I guess we could have done it again backwards and gotten another 160 out of it. Give me the mountains and wide open spaces any day!
Doug

Hey Doug and HillBilly

You are going to have to give me some wisdom here on how to convince the Fox she don't want a cruise to the Caribbean, and wants a motorcycle ride to the Mountains of the West for our 30th anniversary! Share with me your sagely wisdom that I can use to persuade her! Couple years back when the movie "Titanic" came out she said she had apprehensions about a cruise, maybe I need to watch the movie with her again!

Hey Doug I with you on the the Sporster. I have a friend who rides a Sportster .... No Really ... . I love the looks and the sound of those bikes, and I would probably have one, but I just can't bring myself to own one until I have MY Bike, a big R1200GS Adventure, a Triumph Tiger, a Ducati 1200s Touring, a KTM or KLR, in my stable and then and only then I might have a HD

Riff screwed with this post 10-30-2010 at 05:30 PM
Riff is offline   Reply With Quote