View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #65
MEDIC-0372 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
OKI just put my second set of IRC GP-110s on my XT-250. The first set had 7945 miles and the front tire was badly cupped and the rear wasnt too bad. These tires are much better than the original Chinese made tires that came with the bike.

What pressure (psi) should I run these tires at for road use. When I do off road riding I do plan on lowering the psi and I have no questions about off road riding at this time.

The bike is 290 lbs and I am 200 lbs. The manual states that I should run the OEM tires at about 22 psi for the front and 25 psi for the rear. That is what I ran the first set of GP-110s at. I have been told and read that I should be running these tires at higher pressures. As stated I will be running these 100% on the road (if I go off road I will adjust the psi). The tire states on the side wall Max Load 584 lbs with Max Pressure of 36psi. SoIm thinking that I have been running my tires a bil low.

What are your thoughts on this issue? Also, where can I get some concrete info on this issue.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/irc-gp110-streettrail-tire

Thanks,
MEDIC

The life we save may be your's...
MEDIC-0372 is offline   Reply With Quote