View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 09:46 PM   #21
Z_HARSH OP
Like margarine?

Oddometer: 486
Day 5: Off To see the Chapel

We woke up with the sun as usual and had some equally good huevos rancheros as the fist tacos from the night before.

After running into a few new (to AG) fences we went out the way me came in and made it over to the beach.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had to cut off a few sections because it turns into what I guess you could describe as nothing but little polished river rocks. You can ride them but you have to be going at a good clip to stay on top and they can put you down in the blink of an eye, it’s just not worth it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

But one section was so nice we had to ride it twice…or maybe three times actually.

Photobucket

Then we hopped on the bit that AG had been going over in his mind since the start. He tells the story of trying to make it out on his Can Am but the guys he was with didn’t have their hearts in it. It was a few years later, in the day of the XR 600, until he could find someone crazy enough to try again to get through the drainage system to make it through. He said in their efforts they met an old rancher who had an old rusty car out there and said they drove it in many many years ago but it took a few more years to convince a the second guy’s brother, a Tucker Rocky rep, to load up their XR 600s with full camping gear and try for a third time. TM tells the story of making it out to an old road and him and his buddy high fiving standing up riding side-by-side down the road as they came out to the old corral.

Photobucket

Then cut inland to the charming little town of San Ignacio.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Typically AG is in bed with the sun but I was getting a year older and drug him out on the town. We hung out the town square for a while and checked out the local scene at the Internet café, let the fam know we are still alive, and had a few shots underneath the old mission, definitely my best birthday ever.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Z_HARSH is offline   Reply With Quote