View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 02:18 PM   #42
Z_HARSH OP
Like margarine?

Oddometer: 465
Day 7: Out to the Junk Yard

Photobucket

We woke up to wet roads. It had rained most the night and after navigating the in-town water crossings looking for breakfast on a Sunday morning in the sleepy little one hotel town, with two restaurants and no gringos we had to settle on a convenience store breakfast. On our way out of town it was almost impossible keeping our ass end behind our front on account of the mud. Mark did one of the nicest FMX style whips Iíve seen without even leaving the ground. After grubbing down on our bananas and various fruit bars with a nice view of the desert just out of town we headed back out for a lot of beach.

Photobucket

At one point it looked like some fishermen were trying to homestead along the beach by putting up miles of fence and little palapas every so often. Larry didnít think there has been any homesteading in Mexico for a long time, but nonetheless, they had a lot of supplies hauled out to the middle of nowhere.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Before long we were in the Junk Yard of the Pacific, Malarrimo Beach. We checked out the various junk, odd toys, and bits of rope, ate some peanut butter and honey tortillas and made way inland.

Photobucket

Photobucket

(oh yea, after my lonely ride over to Bay of LA I forgot to unplug my headlight before I attached my gas can and ended up cracking my headlight lens, let me know if anyone has a stock one laying around for sale)

We then passed by the little salt flats.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After a bit of slab we were checking out the lodging in the working class town of Vizcaino and decided not to stay at the one next to the bus stop.
Z_HARSH is offline   Reply With Quote