View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 10:00 AM   #42
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,925
Now we're communicating on a whole different level. I can sincerely say thank you for considering to include the other side of the coin. Trust me, very little info exists on now not to pay in comparison to how to pay, you are doing your perspective viewers a favor here and that will help them.
After all is said and done, it all comes down to helping others in one way or another.

To get back to the original idea of this thread "Is Mexico Dangerous", I just read that 7 people were killed yesterday in a gas explosion at an upscale PDC resort on the Riviera Maya.
Build up of gas in the kitchen area led to the explosion. Yes, there is a total lack of safety in many installations in Mexico because negligence litigation is practically unheard of and next to impossible to win here. Balconies in Mexican hotels are particularly noteworthy for problems, same goes for the lack of smoke detectors etc...

The single biggest problem is the almost total lack of a physical ground in electrical installations coupled with an electrical "code" that hasn't been updated since Tesla first got a shock. You might want to also include some info on that for your viewers because staying in hotels will also be part of their journey and they likely won't be the finest ones in town. The infamous ungrounded electric water heater that mounts on the shower head is a classic example made even more interesting when the plug is located next to the soap holder. If you've ever seen one of these, you'll know what I mean. If you haven't seen one, you will recognize it as soon as you do! I often wondered why they never offered one on a bidet. :(0)

MikeMike screwed with this post 11-15-2010 at 10:08 AM
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote