View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #65
rockinrog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2wheeler
I'm envious.I headed toward the BRP this past October.Had an electrical problem in West Virginia that ate a day and a half and 200 bucks of traveling money and had to head home.I'll try again next year.I read your report a few days ago and have just now found the info I had brought with me regarding places to camp. http://www.nps.gov/shen/planyourvisi...campground.pdf Loft mountain campground at mile 79.5 on the Skyline Drive is cheap(15$) and has showers that take quarters.It also has the Appalachian Trail pass near the campground.I had considered camping there and maybe hiking a few miles along the trail to see what it's like.It would be interesting to observe the hikers on the trail also. I have a question about your top box.Is it from J.C.Whitney?How do you like it?Thanks again for the ride report.Maybe next year I'll be able to add one of my own.
I skipped Shyline Drive this time. I had done it before and enjoyed the Blue Ridge Parkway so much more that I decided to take 640? to make it to the BRP quicker. Yes it is the JC Whit top box. This is my second one. The first one lasted about 23000 miles and I paid $50 for it. I looked into replacing it with a metal one but I suffered from sticker shock... so I bought another, this one cost me about $75 but i figure if it last me another 23,000 miles for 75 bucks its well worth it. It has never leaked and I leave it on the bike all the time to carry my computer in to/from work. I hope you make it next year. I am ready to go again right now...I thought about doing it once during the summer, but I think the scenery in the fall may have spoiled me.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote