[quote=John in Leeds]Excellent archive Olli, all sorts of stuff turns up eventually, some good history here.
Do you know how the bike performed, can't have been too good otherwise I'm sure we would have heard something - or probably there was some fall out?
Interesting he hung it from the ceiling rather than breaking it.
Found a few more pictures of the rally bike that may interest you.
They guy on the motorcycle is Pit. He build the thing.
Yes it preformed not that bad but yes they had a fall out. I think a cooling tube. After that the sit together with some motorcycle builders together to make it perfect. They decided that they have to change to much. I think the main problem of Highland was evertime the money and projectmanagment. Many people (dealer) lost a lot of money with Highland that time here in Germany. I am sure that this was the main reason to take a other base for the rally bike.
The Rally bike was modefied a lot. Some of that changes are built in the 2003 models.
1) For example walve timing.
2) He change the geometric of suspension on the rear. Engine is lower build in. and rear arm is changed in position.
3) He took away completely the oiltank and took in an Oifilter on the outside. A external Oil cooler (intercooling wiht the water) .
4) Electric Waterpump.
5) The conection of the ECU were to small and they changed the to bigger connector.
6) The fueling was (manifold) divided. Hard to explain how, but I will change this on my bike and show that with some photos.
I still have a motorcycle magazin were they report about this bike. I can scan that and put it here but it doesnīt help a lot because itīs in german.
Pit told me that the bike was good at gas consumption. I was suprised because my bike is not.