View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #32
John Smallberries OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,229
Reply from Aerostich

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR356
It appears that the positive leads already come attached and the ground leads can be added as needed.
If you only use a few of the circuits you are going to be left with a big bundle of wires,or else you cut them off.
Too bad they don't sent the colored positive wires loose,like the grounds.Then you use only what you need.

Otherwise,seems like a nice system!

JR356
Here is my exchange with Pete at Aerostich on your idea:

answer from Pete:
Interesting idea. I'm thinking its possible to remove any unused wires (we're checking on this right now). When you remove the interface plug, it looks like you could push out the plugs with a small screw driver or similar tool. We decided to install all the power leads to make it as easy as possible for folks to wire it up (but the ground leads are very optional).

I'll forward your suggestion "upstairs" for future consideration.

Pete

my question::Pete;
Why don't you just ship the entire set of load leads (power and ground) separately, like the grounds? As you likely know, this module appeal to those who want the neatest, most orderly, aux wiring system they can make on their bike. Most are not likely to use all available circuits (I know I won't). It would be nice to do a "virgin" installation of the colored power wires we need and save the rest for future expansion. As it is, we will either need to cut off, or bundle and stow the unused circuits.

Can we special-order them without any wires installed into the connector?

John Smallberries screwed with this post 11-30-2010 at 03:38 AM
John Smallberries is offline   Reply With Quote