View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 09:11 AM   #48
BMWzenrider
The Road Scholar

Oddometer: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by srowe41 View Post
There seems to be a lot of questions about the PDM60, how it works, what can be done with it, etc, so I'm going to offer to share a bit of information to help things along. I concieved the idea for the PDM60 and my company developed and builds the product. I can't sell them to you, that's what Aerostich does, but I can help them support the product so you better understand how it works. Unless of course they get pissed off about my posting here...Then they could be available direct.

{Snippola!}

With exception of some very early production units, the product can be reconfigured by the factory if you find the settings to be unacceptable. Addtionally, any properly equipped dealer/distributor will have capability to custom program the units after January 2011 when our "dashboard" software will be released.

{Snippola!}

Any questions/comments/feedback would be welcome and appreciated.
Thanks for coming into here and offering to answer our questions!

I have been adding fuse blocks to my bikes for years, and am always looking for the next, best, thing.

This is the re-wiring that I did for out_rider's sidecar rig this summer. I am showing off the job we did on his rig because it turned out nicer than what I did for my own sidecar, but used the same fuseblock.

We both have a Hannigan sidecar with dual Piaa headlamps switched thru relays to operate as separate Hi/Lo beams, as well as a high-draw servo-screw motor to adjust leanout, a Can-BUS trailer-light wiring relay package, and some other accessory circuits.

I think that your module would clean things up nicely, and potentially eliminate at least some of the relays depending upon how it can be set up.

-----

One suggestion that I have is to perhaps include longer pigtails for the wires. Or offer a long-wire plug as an option? It would reduce/eliminate splices in the wiring harnesses, which are always a weakness and source of trouble.

Another would be if you could offer one low-amperage circuit that was always-ON for those of us who do long-distance riding and like to keep our GPS running to maintain our trip-log timers.

And, of course, there are always those of us who need MORE...
As you can see, I already have an extra external fuse added to out_rider's six circuit panel. Are there any plans for the 8/10/12 circuit model???
2002 BMW R1150RA
In Memoriam: Harley, 1993-2010 You will be missed.
BMWzenrider is offline   Reply With Quote