View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 09:45 AM   #201
knybanjo OP
kinda slow

Oddometer: 23,572
I did make it down to the camp-out in the Apalachicola National Forest outside of Tallahassee, FL

Warm clothing (no electrics...yet) were required. This was the scene leaving the house to get on the bike Thursday morning.

Nice and frosty.

But I was on a 500 mile track to the SouthWest so hopes were that temps would be rising.

I had a difficult time with my usual "on the fly" method of pic takin'.....seems having the bulkier gloves inside of cammo atv "hippo hands" slowed down the ability to set up the camera in time to get a shot.

Thursday needed to be more about making good time on backroads than picture taking, as the sun sets quite early this time of year.

This was in the SC Tag game recently.....nice hippo hands, eh?

My lack of pics along this corridor of South Carolina has more than been made up for by Shoganai's old "Ride to Work" thread. She posted many wonderful shots and perspectives of this area...CLICK HERE to check it out, but unfortunately she has gone back and deleted most, if not all of her posts ...some pics are still there in quotes though.

I was about half way to my destination before the sight of frost on shady rooftops had dissappeared....but it was a beautiful day.

One could spend a week or more if one stopped every time they saw an interesting subject. The South is interspersed with big fancy plantation style homes and old abandoned farm buildings...and everything in between.

Here's evidence of being way too slow on the draw......the camera had to be pointed back over my shoulder by the time it was ready to shoot.

What started out as a gas stop ended up being lunch as well.

This reminded me of of our very own ADVer JMo (& piglet)...btw she will be racing the Dakar rally in '11

CLICK HERE to check that out.

The parting shot of two little piggies......