View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #58
srowe41
Mr. Resistor

Oddometer: 13
PDM Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWzenrider View Post
Thanks for coming into here and offering to answer our questions!

I have been adding fuse blocks to my bikes for years, and am always looking for the next, best, thing.

This is the re-wiring that I did for out_rider's sidecar rig this summer. I am showing off the job we did on his rig because it turned out nicer than what I did for my own sidecar, but used the same fuseblock.

We both have a Hannigan sidecar with dual Piaa headlamps switched thru relays to operate as separate Hi/Lo beams, as well as a high-draw servo-screw motor to adjust leanout, a Can-BUS trailer-light wiring relay package, and some other accessory circuits.

I think that your module would clean things up nicely, and potentially eliminate at least some of the relays depending upon how it can be set up.

-----

One suggestion that I have is to perhaps include longer pigtails for the wires. Or offer a long-wire plug as an option? It would reduce/eliminate splices in the wiring harnesses, which are always a weakness and source of trouble.

Another would be if you could offer one low-amperage circuit that was always-ON for those of us who do long-distance riding and like to keep our GPS running to maintain our trip-log timers.

And, of course, there are always those of us who need MORE...
As you can see, I already have an extra external fuse added to out_rider's six circuit panel. Are there any plans for the 8/10/12 circuit model???
Nice job on the sidecar wiring.

The pigtails can be any length you desire. The original version actually had a complete harness on it, overbraided, with leads for rear, center and steering head. The steering head lead had a connector so that the user could install it once and then make changes at will without disassembling the bike....That variant went the way of the dollar sign, but there are virtually no limits on what you can have for pigtails.

An "always on" circuit can be done...It's simply a matter of programming the unit to do so.

There are plans for larger units, two of them with more circuits and more AMP capacity. Both will be available some time mid 2011. The PDM60 is at the limit for its size, so you can expect about half again as long as the 60 for half again the capacity and circuits. This is in response to other markets since size definitely does matter on bikes. If you have the room we can accomodate your needs.
srowe41 is offline   Reply With Quote