View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 03:00 AM   #3
ThumperDRZ
Bouncing off Rocks!

Oddometer: 2,399
Here is my testament to riding Mountain Bikes....

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=639945

Absolutely love it. I can't say I transferred from dirt riding because I started riding MCs a little late in life (42) ....I have rode off road a bunch but not enough to even feel close to proficient ....Mountain Biking has come a little more natural for me. We have such nice trails around here and a much of the credit goes to GORC (Gateway Off Road Cycling Club) for maintaining and making new trails. The MC dirt riding we have around here is mostly rutted and chewed quad trails that are hard to enjoy on a motorcycle for me. If I lived in Michigan where folks ban together with motorcycle only single track - it might be a different story.

The other plus concerns the exercise gained from riding. I was in probably the best shape I've been in a long time from riding this past Summer / Fall. Also when wife and I did our first night ride it was amazing to be in the woods with silence while riding..... If you have good MTB single track riding areas around you I think you will find it is just as rewarding as riding a motorcycle if not more in some instances.

On Hiatus
ThumperDRZ is offline   Reply With Quote