View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #3789
Oldpeg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy View Post
Pic attachment doesn't work, you need to host your pics on a pic hosting site and link them to your report. Have a look at the above thread "how to post a pic"'s first post.
Why? It worked before, no? WHY? I don't even know what a «pic hosting site is.»

If this is how to do it : « Start doing it the right way: open a SmugMug account - upload your pictures there - copy a link (Share>Get a Link>Embeddable links>BBCode-Large is OK) from SmugMug - paste into the text box that opens in your posting when you click the Insert Image icon (yellow square with mountains» (quoted from JohnSmallberries above, thx, John), I am sorry but this is like Chinese to me. As for how Baldy explained it years ago (see 1st page of this thread) it's even worse (sorry, Baldy.) Being the good boy that I am, I did go visit SmugMug' tutorial as he suggested (so, THAT's a pics hosting site?) and I instantly got a panic attack and a serious rash just reading the first 5 lines. Geez! Not everybody is a computer nerd or a highly trained hacker. Why make things complicated and unfriendly, when it was so simple, for crying out loud!

Oh, BTW, to add insult to injury, I just realized that SmugMug is not for free. You have to pay a fee. Not that I can't afford it. It's a matter of principle: before, adding a pic was simple and free. Now, it's complicated and it costs money.

Oldpeg screwed with this post 12-11-2010 at 01:37 PM
Oldpeg is offline   Reply With Quote