View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 12:52 AM   #14
motu
Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer: 4,386
I rode my TLR200 in a trial for the first time in nearly 3 years on Sunday.It was March 2008 when I decided that I really did have a hernia,and trials riding was not going to help the cause at all.We won't go into health systems,but I had the hernia repaired in May,and decided the Xmas Trial was a good low key venue to see if I was up to it again.

After not going for over 2 1/2 years,I drained the tank and carb,filled with fuel and it fired up on the 3rd kick.Both tyres were flat,I repaired the rear puncture and fitted a new tube and rim lock to the front - that's all the prep it got...it's a Honda,that's all it needs.

I told myself I wasn't going to enter,just ride around the farm and have a go at a few sections that looked easy enough to have a go on,but I paid my entry fee and got a self score card anyway.Riding down the farm track to the first sections the bike felt really wrong,with such wide bars,leaning forward etc...I didn't see how you could control a bike like that.To get to the first section we had to go over a rocky river crossing and I was a bit freaked out...this was going to be a challenge.But as soon as the front wheel hit the water and rocks it all came back - I was on a trials bike,it's made to do stuff like this.

We had 8 sections all in a rocky stream,5 times around.I did the whole thing,and on my first round only got one 5.It was a really hot day,I was totally exhausted,and totally rapt - so it looks like I'm back into trials.That one section gave me another 5,a couple of 3's,and on my last attempt did it with a single dab.The other sections gave me 1,2's and 3's,but was able to clean them all at the end of the day.I don't know what my total score was,and don't care - it's never about the points,it's about the challenge...conquering those sections that take the 5's,if not a clean,then a 1,2 or 3 just to show that you can do it.
motu is online now   Reply With Quote