View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 11:36 AM   #15
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlcr View Post
He could pair a BluBridge Rx to the transmitter, patch it into the aux-in of the Schuberth, and pair the 550 directly to the helmet.

This would give him stereo, intercom, and full phone access - all wireless.

It might look like shit with the receiver taped to the back of the helmet, but it would make a great conversation starter wrt the superiority of German technology.

edit: After looking at the instructions, an audio connection requires their long proprietary cable. It would be easier to ditch the adapter and extend the 550 output to a convenient location and use a wired solution for stereo.

Find an FM transmitter with decent output and tune the helmet radio to the transmitter. Pair the zumo to the helmet solely for phone use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chromedome View Post
That's a great idea with the FM transmitter. Thanks!
As I posted, you should be able to get BT from the 550 using a transmitter, you just might have got 2 devices that won't pair. There are a few different BT transmitters out there to try. That Scosche one I have is working pretty well.

I don't think you'll get as good as sound quality over the FM plus always having to worry about stronger stations breaking in. And if the SRC's FM radio sucks as bad as the Q2 does, you'll have a hard time even getting it pick up the FM frequency from one of those FM Transmitter's. If your SCR has an audio input like my Q2, you might be better using the setup I'm using with 2 different BT devices and then a cable running between the BT3030 and your SRC unit.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here

BlueLghtning screwed with this post 12-20-2010 at 11:45 AM
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote