View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 06:13 AM   #68
vernon dent
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 701
been looking for a busa for a while, was trying to stay around $4k. one popped up on champaign/urbana cl for $4k ten days or so ago. talked to the seller, who was a graduate student at u of i, moving out of his apartment to relocate with his parents in korea for a year. tried to get up there last week but an ice storm and frigid cold here prevented that and i figured someone locally had bought it.
he calls me wed. night and asks if i'm still interested and i told him i'd try to get up there when road conditions improved hopefully in the next couple of days. he tells me he's leaving the country on sunday and the bike has to be gone by saturday.
last friday was our 33rd wedding anniversary, so me and the wife spent the day together. around four o'clock i called the busa owner, and yes he still had it. tells me he'd take $3500 for it. i offered him $3k. we settled on $3200 if i picked it up that night.
so we left at 6 pm, drove 210 miles, got to urbana at 9:30, fifteen degrees out. dug the busa out of its parking space (they got six inches of snow there, and the plow put a foot tall drift behind it). fired it up, obviously couldn't ride it though i tried, and loaded it into the back of my tundra with the seller and wifey's help. got home @ 2am and unloaded my new busa the next day.
only thing wrong with it (besides being lowered which i'll rectify) is a couple of scuffs on both mid fairings. i asked the kid if he had dropped it and he told me drunks had kicked it over twice in the middle of the night on the parking lot in his apartment complex. vertical scratch marks, not horizontial so i think i believe it.
sorry about the long story, here it is cleaned up a bit.

vernon dent screwed with this post 12-21-2010 at 08:20 AM
vernon dent is offline   Reply With Quote