View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
DockingPilot OP
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 8,885
The bikes again will be trucked out west by Federal.

My good friend and 2 time ECEA Grand Champion and 2 time USA ISDE rider, Bruce "Redcorn" Kenny is stoked.

On this epic adventure this year was Bruce of course, my long time riding partner John Pitts KLR650, Mike "P-Diddy" Piazza BMW GSA, Dennis Demarco, the only convict not from NJ riding a Husky TE610 and Duane Kerzic on his 950 Adventure.

Ready for prime time, or least I hoped so.

Redcorn says goodbye for now to his SUPER ENDURO (i did that for you Bruce). The bike being fitted with the 8 gal tank out of necessity on the trip as fuel range will be stretched to the max.

2 weeks later we fly into Idaho Falls .

The first thing that greets you coming off the plane is this:

Now, where the "F" is my bike ?

Bill Cycles in Idaho Falls is a 1st class operation. They accepted and took good care of our bikes until we arrived. Not many shops like this one fellas.

After getting out hotel rooms and bikes we all went out to the Snake Bite for dinner. You think John is amped up ? Even his hair is glowing !

The food was excellent. When in Idaho falls, you must eat here. Mike, back, right, hoping here that his GSA final drive is as good as the one on the new SUPER TENERE

In the morning we shove off and head north for the Continental Divide. We have 13 days of riding and 2,800 ground miles to cover. It should be easy.

As usual. we ride with no daily mileage quotas. Where ever we are at the end of the day is where we be. If its in a town, we'll motel it, if it's in the middle of nowhere, we camp. We wil just let the adventure unfold as it comes.

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"

DockingPilot screwed with this post 01-19-2014 at 08:20 AM
DockingPilot is online now   Reply With Quote