View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 06:41 AM   #59
DockingPilot OP
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,389
Day 2 continued

We just finished riding the Gravelly Range and are headed southerly for Wyoming.

Duane picks up a fence nail and we get our 1st puncture.

We tried to ballast Duane's bike by putting his luggage on the front of the bike but lost the battle with gravity. The beastly KTM still had too much weight in the back so it just kinda plopped back and stuck there until we put the rear tire back on.

And it's fixed.

We are starting to think about fuel. We'll get it and grub in Island Park Id as planned.
"Freedom" this is it fellas.

The Shambo Stage Coach location, not too far from Yellowstone Nat'l Park. At one time the stage line employed 40 people, had 80 horses and 14 stage coaches, providing service from Mondia, MT to Yellowstone

Shambo Pond

The Continental Divide at Red Rock Pass, 7120 ft. elevation. The Divide was determined by the point at which direction rivers and streams flowed; west toward the Pacific or east toward the Atlantic. The mid-point established the Divide.

We eventually came out to the paved road and Island Park where we fueled up and ate supper. It was getting late in the day.

One of the rare times Duane is not in the head.
The food here was excellent. Island Park is a very small ......"town" ? If you blink, you;ll miss it !

We make camp and clean up. Duane really cleans up.

When I come back, we start Day 3 and head into Wyoming............

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"

DockingPilot screwed with this post 01-19-2014 at 09:17 AM
DockingPilot is online now   Reply With Quote