View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 03:17 PM   #54
RubberNeckin
bOObs

Oddometer: 24
The Sturgis Bike Rally

I have been to Sturgis since 05, on a hog 3 times before I was able to get off the (Harley)farm equipment and get a lazy boy(R1200GS ADV). I never had as much fun riding the Black Hills and surrounding areas as I did riding the BMW. Yeah I got a lot of one finger salutes, which I was more than happy to return, as I am a Harley rider too, but any way. The roads are great, and the trails were awesome and empty, except for the sound of bikes that have no idea that the real beauty is just a few miles off road, down the dusty gravel roads, and up into the hills and trees to camp spots free of yelling drunk weekend bikers, crowded streets and camp grounds. Sometimes you get the adventurous Harley rider, but its a rare sight. I wish more ADVriders would show up to the rally. If you are a TRUE bike enthusiast then I recommend that you make it to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, not everyone is a jerk, a lot more riders are interested in the bike and what it can do, talking Harley rider to ADVrider about different rides and sights, all getting along.
RubberNeckin is offline   Reply With Quote