Thread: DR350 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 06:13 AM   #6604
sperz1
UnStudly Adventurer

Oddometer: 858
Quote:
Verified that neither brake activates the light to rule out the switches.
All this does is test the brake light, did you test the switches. It's a long shot but both switches could be bad.

Quote:
Verified that the headlights do not activate the running light (is there one? I never noticed... but pretty sure there is... lol)
Yep, there is a running light.

Quote:
Checked the plug next to the battery where the leads come out of the main wiring harness and go back to the rear of the bike. I do get some continuity there when the brake is engaged but I don't know for sure if I am checking for the right thing here... but perhaps this is pointing to a cut wire somewhere behind the harness.

Any ideas??? I want to get this running and go for a test ride before the end of the week (and the end of my vacation.)
Try and see if you can apply power to the light assembly and get it to work. Another option would be to use a test light and see if you are getting power when the switches are being activated. If you do not get power, then follow the wires until there is power. Sounds like something is grounding out, or just plain ole' dirty.

I'm not an electrician, but have played with a few bikes in the past.

2009 Buell XB12xp
1998 Suzuki DR350se
sperz1 is offline   Reply With Quote