View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #96
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOFF View Post
Not a bad price. Not sure why he wouldn't let you expose HIS scooter to ice, snow, sand, and SALT.

True, but its not a special price either. That would run around $3,300 OTD, maybe less or more. The PCX is a fine looking machine, but don't let the looks fool you, it still has a 125 cc motor under there!

It is supposed to do around 66 MPH indicated, or maybe 60-63 MPH actual. Not a bad speed, actual pretty good for a 125, but for the price its not tooooo impressive!

But I'll tell you, a 60 MPH top end will NEVER be enough for most. I find a 70-75 MPH top speed on a small scooter to be ideal. Enough to sneak on the highway, but plentiful for backroads and everywhere else.

Go on Craigslist and get a Burgman 400 for $3,000. MAYBE even less if you are good at talking them down! Sure its used, but 105 MPH is a plus and all the other benefits of a Maxi. I am unlikely to buy a new scooter unless it is unique or something, because I sure don't mind paying less for a great quality scooter. Even used, the Burgman 400 is very very likely to outlast a Honda PCX. Less maintenance, more power, more capabilities.

If you have NO reason and don't wish for anything over 125, then the PCX is a great little scoot. If your looking for a 125 for an ok price then the PCX is good. It is a higher end 125 with liquid cooling and EFI. And it is faster than most 125 cc scooters. But if your looking for the best bang for your buck, a used scoot is the way to go.
btcn is offline   Reply With Quote