View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 01:32 AM   #100
flatboarder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by btcn View Post
And it is faster than most 125 cc scooters.
Not really. Many other 125ccm 4 stroke scooters are going considerable faster due to 14 or 15HP compared to 11,7 at the PCX. Topspeed is not a major argument for a PCX:
However, I can tell, the PCX rides really well, especially due to its smooth and light running engine, feeling stronger than it actually is. Also due to its lightweighted medium size chassis (50kg lighter than comparable 125cc EFI 4 stroke scooters as like Kymco, Yamaha and others). It feels very easy going, accelerates well and smooth and handles perfect. Also fuel consumption will stay at least 0.5l/100km below competition even when riding full throttle. In my opinion the PCX is a good choice even when riding longer distances (as like I do myself). But certainly you need to try it out for yourself.

Unfortunately you do not get the auto idle stop system with it. This feature works perfect and it is real fun. It is implemented unbelievably well and responsive. Actually, it is not its small fuel saving effect, but the special inner city riding quality it gives, that makes me like it a lot.

Phil
flatboarder is offline   Reply With Quote