View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 09:10 AM   #125
Blaise W
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 657
The Voyager looks to be almost perfect for what I want. Two of us are doing the TAT this summer, then going north on the Oregon Back Country Discovery Route, and the Washington Back Country Discovery Route. Both have gpx files available. For the TAT, the cumulative mileage is shown on the roll charts, and Voyager has a new feature, according to the conversation I had with them yesterday, that allows stopping the trip meter when you leave the trail to get gas, a motel, etc., then restart it when you hit the trail again. No mental arithmatic with the trip numbers. It doesn't "give directions" like a Garmin, but you can zoom into the trail and that should be plenty to keep us on course. We'll have a Garmin along too and that will provide topo if we need it. 'Sounds like a great unit, provides a tach which is nice, and I bought one! Plus, it's the same or less than, or the same as, a used 60Csx and a quality mount. I really like that is's Made in America too. With luck, the makers have provided for the ability to upgrade the software when and if new features become available due to user input from this forum and others.
Blaise W is offline   Reply With Quote