View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 01:45 PM   #127
Johnf3
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 309 View Post
Anyone else care to share some first hand experience with the Voyager? Thinking of pulling the trigger...

I have a Voyager installed on my Husaberg. I think it is perfect for what it is designed for. The "physical" connection to the bike via the wheel and engine sensor makes it much more versatile than any moto-designed GPS on the market. The GPS functions are basic but useful. It handles .gpx tracks and routes very easily via the micro SD card. The capacity for track and route storage is excellent too. It is loaded with other useful features, such as a tachometer, permanent hour meter. etc. It reads ambient temperature, engine temperature, and tons of other useful measurements.

This is not your wife's NUVI, and it is not a ZUMO with the cute little motorcycle icon pointing the way. If that is what you want, the Voyager is not the unit for you. If you want to record and download your rides, download and follow .gpx tracks/routes, and at the same time have a functioning moto-odometer plus, this is a great choice. It also downloads and records waypoints, has a compass function, etc.

The Husaberg FX comes with nothing as far as odo, hour meter, etc. I went from nothing to everything I need plus a lot more. I think Trailtech has a huge winner here. Everyone has been wanting a moto-specific GPS--here it is.
Johnf3 is offline   Reply With Quote