Thread: Toyota trucks
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 11:27 AM   #45
Buffalo Bill
kickthetire.litethefire

Oddometer: 997
Lewistown MT

My guess on the Location is:

Looking east on main street just up the street from Mickey D's with the Judith Mountains in the distance, 4,231 feet above sea level. One of my favorite places on Earth..Great Steaks at the Mint Bar in Lewistown..

Sorry about your girlfriend........

Many Toyota in my garage over the years..88 4x4 5spd std cab 22r, 93 xcab 3.0 5spd 4x4, 70 fj40, 86 fj 60w/tpi v8, (2) Forerunners 94-95 3.0 5spds, (4) t100s w/3.4 by far the best truck for me, 2001 Tundra v8..All I have left is a 78 fj40 in baby shit brown color. I expect thats the one they'll endup burying me in..

Always like the rugged dependability of Toyota.

"Long Live the Great Plains"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCase View Post
I had an '89 Toyota 4x4, regular cab, put a pile of miles on it before I sold it, and loved the thing. No digital pics of that one, got rid of it (a decision I regretted for years) before digital cameras were around.

I got an '08 Regular Cab, 4x4, 4cyl. Tacoma, very basic, no intermittent wipers, no cruise-control. It does have AC, but you have to roll up the windows manually, which I discovered some younger kids these days find extremely perplexing and challenging. Anyway, it is quite a bit bigger than the '89, but I'm really pleased with it, haven't had any issues with it. I will say that I drove it on a 2800 mile round-trip shortly after buying it and it was fine, but the lack of cruise control was tiresome. And the mileage isn't great, 20mpg highway is pretty standard. Here it is:

While I was looking for a pic of the Taco to post I found this one.....was on the aforementioned trip, spending some great time with my girlfriend Lynn. That was the summer of '08, when the truck was fairly new. Sadly, she passed away (of natural causes) almost exactly a year after this pic was taken at the ripe old age of 52. I think of her every time I get into the truck. Can anyone from Montana (or elsewhere, I guess) tell where the pic was taken?

"A Smokin Hole is a cheap price to pay for a Bitchin Manuever" .....Martin Pargee

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370704

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477438

Buffalo Bill screwed with this post 01-25-2011 at 11:45 AM
Buffalo Bill is offline   Reply With Quote