View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #173
smilin jack
Grandpa Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,217
Ride while you are young... and always

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome bandit View Post
On the TV: I think it's Liverpool v Rabotnicki in the Europa League qualifying round. If I'm right, save the $1, really, the RR report alone is worth the read and investment. Looks like a great trip. Keep it coming!

By coincidence, I'm just over in Sammamish with a 12GS planning an AK trip in 2012. My youngest son is aching to go, he'll still be just out of age range for the trip @ 16. He hasn't ridden a bike yet, so we would going the whole MSF et al route as well. Looks like the 650 is proving to be a good horse for you so far.

Ride safe up there!
ChromeBandit, What are the rules in Washington? Is 16 to young to motorbike? Guess the kids could ride on the back? Get him riding some dirt bikes for training and be ready for the MSF training course. Schedule it soon.

In 1966 my brother and I each rode out little Suzuki 150 twin two-smokes from Oregon to Dawson Creek and back to Oregon. He was 16 and I was 17. We didn't seem to be too young. We spent most of the summer doing it and day jobs on ranches to buy the fuel and food. Great memories.

Dick doesn't ride anymore (medical issues), but I'm riding everywhere man, and will start drawing SSAN this summer. And almost ready for another DR650, as this one's about 1/2 way to 100K miles.

GR8ADV, that was a NICE ride report. Enjoyed your photos and all the side trips to the out of the way places. That's the way to smell the flowers.

Dave

smilin jack screwed with this post 01-26-2011 at 06:27 PM
smilin jack is offline   Reply With Quote