Thread: Toyota trucks
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 10:49 PM   #59
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anorak View Post
I think the small Toyota truck especially two wheel drive stick shift four cylinder is one of my favorite all general purpose vehicles. They drive so nicely. At some point though, the Tacoma has become too large. The 1999 I worked on is the right size.
I've owned the four banger (a '99) and it was great. My current daily driver is a 2005 TRD Pre-Runner with the 4.0 Six. It's also great if shitty on fuel consumption. I briefly owned a Tundra and that V8 got about the same mileage as the six in the Tacoma.

For me the current Tacoma is about the right size - it definitely doesn't need to be bigger. They could do something with the arrangement of the interior dimensions to make it more comfortable but the overall size is fine, imho.

Of course we can start the inevitable Hilux diesel whine now

p.s. I'm tempted to trade in for an FJ as my daily driver and pick up a base four banger for my truck duties. Those FJ's can get expensive something fierce once you start loading them up with options though. Or maybe trade in for a new Tacoma access cab. I don't think I've ever had more than two people in my current ride, why do I need four doors

p.p.s.

Always wanted to do something like this to mine (never will but I get a bit of a woody thinking about it).

JNRobert screwed with this post 01-26-2011 at 11:07 PM
JNRobert is offline   Reply With Quote