View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 11:23 AM   #129
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,955
Just stumbled on your report. Very nice pics, commentary and information rockinrog. Like everyone else that has posted, this is one I've been wanting to do for awhile now too. I want to spend two weeks(?) doing it and exploring all the side roads too.
I've bookmarked quite a few links off this RR! Thanks to everyone who posted them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2wheeler View Post
It also has the Appalachian Trail pass near the campground.I had considered camping there and maybe hiking a few miles along the trail to see what it's like.It would be interesting to observe the hikers on the trail also.
Most of the Northbound thru hikers are passing Loft mountain around Late April to late May. Southbound I'm not too sure of but they would be long gone by September/October. The hiking on top of the mountain is great whether you see wildlife(thru hikers ) or wildlife(deer, bears, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
I skipped Shyline Drive this time. I had done it before and enjoyed the Blue Ridge Parkway so much more that I decided to take 640?
I think you meant 340.

Another inmate I know is planning a trip down the BRP this spring. I'll send him the link to this report!

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote