Thread: XS650 Appresh
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 01:26 PM   #96
Viser
Yeeeeaaaahhh!

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsarehot View Post

It's an older picture, but it's a clear shot of the exhaust. The original "exhaust" basically crumbled away when I rode it home from a friend's grandfather's barn.....I picked up the 2-1 setup used for cheap...it's from MikesXS.

Runs like a charm but getting the mix right is tricky, took about a week of checking my plugs every 20 miles before I got it right. Tuning it with a $5 homemade manometer was very helpful.

My buddy makes excellent exhausts for the xs650, he's on this site I believe, but is very active on xs650.com.

http://mysite.verizon.net/reszw9bp/

That's a link to his site.
I've seen lots of talk about Gordon's work over on the XS site, I've been lurking over there off and on for just a few weeks. Gordon has a really sweet side hack XS with a nicely done up scrambler style exhaust. What I've been wanting is a High 2 -1 that goes into a reverse megaphone style exhaust, think Arrow or Zard scrambler (with out the price tag). Your setup is great, I like how the megaphone has a nice up-sweep as apposed to the Mac 2-1.

It's probably time I send an email off to Gordon and get some input. Oh, and thanks for the link.