View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #132
rockinrog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
Smart move, Roger. Skyline blows. Lots of events up there bring lots of traffic. And the speed limit is a paltry 35 and you definitely want to go faster if it's going to be any fun. But the gustapo hide in the bushes up there to check your speed with radar, and then claim you were trying to run from them because they were trying to catch up to you for miles Even with stopping at several overlooks along the way for a quick peek
DAMHIK
There are some pretty views on the Skyline but it's just not worth it having to go so slow, some cagers go less than 35, and even paying for the aggravation to boot.

BRP is so much better! And to get there from where you live, there's back roads a lot sweeter than Skyline (and 340). Feel free to get with me if you're interested in some alternatives. I'm hoping to do the whole BRP in one trip also. I'm not sure what kind of itinerary will work best, but I'm starting to research it (hence read your thread, thanks!). I'm thinking 3 nights min. That's without any extra exploring. Not sure what else I might include; not imperative to do the Cherohala/Dragon loop again, although it would be nice to stay a night in Tellico Plains, TN at Hunt's Motorcycle Lodge.
Always interested in alternative routes. 340 gets me off of 81 but still lets me make pretty good time on the way down. I think I said in the report I started coming back on 81 after I got off the parkway and man the wind... it sucked,, I thought I just picked a bad day, but I was reading in another thread someone said its always windy in that area. I ended up getting off 81 and coming back on 522.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote