View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #133
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
Always interested in alternative routes. ...
Hey Rocker, try this on for size. Coming down 522, break off around Lake Holiday and work your way to 259; head south. Take this joker into WV, all the way to back into VA, to Hopkins Gap Rd. in Fulks Run. South until this road meets up with 613, turn right onto 613 to keep heading South. Once south of Bridgewater, take any combination of roads to work your way East and South to Rockfish Rd, (e.g., Spring Creek / 42 / Fadley / US11 / 256 just over river) which parallels 340 from Grottoes to Waynesboro. Rockfish Rd. eventually dumps you out on 340 via Hopeman Pkwy. Simply advance to 250 and head East up the mountain to BRP entrance. If you're like me, having a sweet ride trumps making good time!
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is online now   Reply With Quote