View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #9
jfurf
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sune View Post
I am seriously lusting for a SV1000N, and have been for a long time.

Right now they're going kinda cheap here (not that much more than a SV650), and I'm really tempted, but I know nothing about those bikes and I've never ridden one.

What are the pro's/cons of the naked SV1000?

I just love the thought of riding a big v-twin. I'd love to own something like an aprilia RSV Mille (since i'm very passionate about aprilia), but it's much more expensive than the SV.
I have an 03 SV1000n. I absolutely love, love, love this bike. Consdering that they cost about as much as an SV650, why NOT go for the liter SV?

I bought mine with 16,000 miles on it and have put about 12,000 on it over the past seven months.

I haven't had a single mechanical issue with it and find it extremely comfortable ergonomically. I routinely do 350 mile sporty rides in the mountains and feel great at the end of the day. It's got the perfect amount of a power for a street bike, imo.

The only downsides: It's not the flashiest looking bike out there. Very subdued and conservative looking, which you may or may not like. Also, the suspension seems to wallow a bit (under-damped? not sure) when cornering at high speeds but this isn't really much of an issue on public streets... for me anyway. It's a very simple bike. No ABS, no traction control, no heated grips or other features.

But they got a lot of things right: smooth fueling, great transmission, nice light clutch, very nice torque curve, great riding position. I use it for one-up sport touring with soft panniers and it's fantastic. It's also great in urban traffic (narrow and light) and doesn't overheat on hot summer days in the city.
jfurf is offline   Reply With Quote