View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #32
Süsser Tod
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post

The pros are a killer motor with power everywhere in the power band, great sound, smooth engine with just enough vibes to let you know it's there. Maintenance? Change the oil. No ridiculously short valve adjustment sequence as on the Italian bikes
Yeah, it let's you know it's there and it will vibrate annoyingly to let you know that it doesn't like low RPMs, past 5K rpms it's unbelievable smooth.

Power? HA! Tons of power and a very fat powerband. By tons I mean 600SS like power, but a much wider and more usable powerband. It's not a Dr. jekyll / Mr. Hyde bike, like the 600SS, it's more of Mr. Hyde all the time

People like to hate the SV1000 suspension, but I find it no better or no worse than other OEM mass produced cartridge forks, and as bad as some people make it up to be, it's leaps and bounds better than the suspension on the 650. Even on the newer ones, with the non rebuildable cartridges, you can change the oil weight and springs.

Brakes? Same 4 pot calipers that were found in early 2000 Supersport literbikes, do you think that they are weak? I can't recall anyone saying that the radial brakes on a GSXR swaped SV are much better than the stock brakes, everybody seems to think of the radial calipers as mere bling.

Here is mine. When I got it it had some mods/customizations, but I like my bikes stock, so I spent a bit of money getting it back to stock.

Süsser Tod is offline   Reply With Quote