View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 05:31 PM   #56
RydinFool
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Well, I didn't dump my big bikes, but I bought a KLR. Used 2008 with less than 3,000 miles, for 3800$. Every time I think it's time to sell a bike or two, the first one that comes to mind is the KLR. Then I ride it. Crap. It's perfect. It does everything pretty well. Runs on 87 octane, and ethy doesn't seem to hurt it. Handles nice enough and will go anywhere for a long time on a single tank of gas. (55 mpg) There are tons of farkles for it. Although the only thing I've done it put a corbin seat on it. It's also my bad weather bike. I ride it in the cold, rain, snow (up here you may not, should not start out in the snow, but you may get caught in it.). It has never missed a beat. I have only put about 5,000 miles on it but I anticipate many, many more. Just a note, most probably know this, but there is a great site KLR.net. Real friendly down to earth people there.

As there is a gun for every purpose and a purpose for every gun, so it goes with motorcycles. And the KLR is a superbike IMHO.
IBA #33670
Wee Strom, HD Electra Glide, KLR 650, Triumph Bonneville, 86 BMW R80 cafe racer, 1986 HD Wide Glide- the last one with a kickstart, 1987 BMW R80RT, Suzuki DR 350
RydinFool is offline   Reply With Quote