Before I ran a bunch of mud through the motor (not-so-fun story), I was commuting 100+ miles per day on pavement at 80mph. I was changing the oil roughly every 1,000 miles and checking it every fill-up. I had almost no oil consumption over the 1k miles between oil changes, as in I didn't ever need to add any. Here's the rebuild ready to go in: HRC Copy cam (XR's Only), Kibblewhite valves with 3-angle grind, new stock piston and rings, newly re-nikasil'd cylinder and a brand new TM-40
. Can't wait to see how she runs. Also doing all the bearings. Hopefully get it all back together this weekend.