View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 07:56 AM   #24
Apple Jam OP
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by oremike View Post
Hmmm, I get a week off from school the last week of March maybe this is just the adventure I need to clear my head of all the trials and tribulations of day to day life and get back to whats really important. I think I'll keep an eye on the weather. So anyone else up for an adventure between school terms?
Duh...OK. I'd do this trek again in a heartbeat.
You're getting it figured out, this is what's really important for me.
This is my new drug, except that I get to remember this stuff for the rest of my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourPros View Post
I dont care that you had a great ride with amazing scenery really I dont
You had yo chance to go...No Whining !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy-Z View Post
I talked to Apple Jam who was in Gov't Camp who said he had to ride through a few miles of packed snow to get there. I ain't into that shit.
That is scary shit, but easier and more predictable to do than greasy mud, actually.
Mud squishes and pushes your front tire around; it's rather unpredictable.
On packed snow, you just go freaky 25-35 mph slow at 2,000rpm, and don't give you bike ANY input. No steering, leaning only, and no gas; just lug that bitch. When the front tire gets a bit of understeer and slips, just let the bike stay upright and lean a bit into the slip.
Try your hardest to keep a loose grip on the bars (that part is hardest), and go slow enough that falling won't hurt as much !!
And then clench up fookin' tight

That said, mud is not nearly as freaking scary as riding that packed icy crap on top of hard pavement.
I felt like a stoopid dork to be out on that road, but I made it OK.
Fortunately, there was NO traffic on Hwy 35 at 8am, so nobody was on my ass.
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote