View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #61
Tom Herold
Ugh...

Oddometer: 116
Perpective is everything - just like opinions.

I measured the Street R against the standard Street and for me, the standard is more than sufficient. I'm not a track racer, I'm an everyday rider, commuter, and weekend runner.

The added expense of the adjustable suspension and race spec brakes weren't enough to sway me over for the price.

The standard Street has a decent enough suspension for us common folk, and the brakes are far more than capable of handeling the task they're required to do.

I've run the Dragon (US 129), Cherohala Skyway, and US 28, as well as plenty of back roads and interstate to know I made the right choice for me and my style of riding.

I owned a 955i Tiger, a Sprint ST, and A Trophy 1200 at the time I was looking at the hooligan side of the Triumph line-up.

I did make several comparison rides between the Speed and the Street, as well as the Street R. Ultimately, the standard Street won out and I was able to save some bucks to do the mods I wanted - upgraded seat, fly screen, some luggage, mirror extenders, bar end weights, etc.

Regardless of anyone elses opinion, the end result is yours to make. Just take your time, ride each one, do some comparisons and ask owners of each bike what they feel the strengths and weaknesses are.

Then pull the trigger on the one you want and ride it like you stole it.......
Tom Herold is offline   Reply With Quote