View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #62
rich_mc
Full Fledged MEM-Ber

Oddometer: 2,218
Thanks for the responses...

You're right - The two I saw were the Speed Triple SE and also the base Model Street Triple (Non-R)...

I didn't go deep enough to find out exact cost difference between the two, but know it was $3-4K...

I'm not a little guy @ about 240 w/o gear. I've typically found that I end up changing out to aftermarket shocks on just about every bike I buy... Did a little research and it looks like the Speed SE comes with upgraded suspension, but I bet they're closer to factory level than an Ohlins level...But I should check into that....

It sounds like I do need to ride them...I've liked just about every bike I've ever rideen, EXCEPT for an Aprilia Shiver I test rode once... It had barely any miles but yet the brakes squealed like crazy and the throttle response was so snatchy that it was nearly impossible to ride a straight road at a constant speed...Twas miserable... I worry a little bit that the "right now" handling of the Street may make it feel similar....

Cost difference isn't really a big concern, though I do love savings as much as the next guy... But like I said I'm probably 2 weeks from purchase, so it looks like I need to do some reading/test riding soon....

The Speed amazed me as soon as I saw it with the spectacular paint job...The green Street was very nice as well, but it was stripped and I like it better once I saw some pics of them with the flyscreen, etc...

One bonus for the Speed is that I see Givi makes sidebag supports for it, which I don't see for the Street...Definitely like the ability to carry a little extra luggage on those weekend jaunts....

2011 Connie 1400
rich_mc is offline   Reply With Quote