View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #80
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
Tommy. Once you get the header back to the turbo, I think you should take it to an exhaust manufacturer and have it jigged up. I think many people would buy them, who are riding SM, SMR, and possibly even SE, who would like to do a single muffler for weight savings and leaving room for Ned's auxillary fuel tank, would be all over a header like this.....even without the power snail hanging back there. Besides it takes the exhaust out of harm's way, and leaves mucho room for a skidplate/bashplate.
The ADV or SE headers bolt right up to an SM or SMR(same exhaust). The standard ADV 2-into-1 conversion process can then be done for a single muffler. The fringe benefit to ADV pipes are the added ground clearance!!
This is FangFactor's bike, he is in Australia:

A stock SM header is an easy single side conversion, it is already a single pipe at the end...
I took my 2-onto-1 to a well known exhaust mfg and they said that there isn't enough of an SM market to even recover their tooling costs. The name brands do business in the thousands of pieces and not dozens.

ETA: pics

snowhawk jockey screwed with this post 02-16-2011 at 11:22 AM
snowhawk jockey is offline   Reply With Quote