View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 07:33 PM   #82
Tommy_J OP
won't drive a car

Oddometer: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowhawk jockey View Post
The ADV or SE headers bolt right up to an SM or SMR(same exhaust). The standard ADV 2-into-1 conversion process can then be done for a single muffler. The fringe benefit to ADV pipes are the added ground clearance!!

A stock SM header is an easy single side conversion, it is already a single pipe at the end...
I took my 2-onto-1 to a well known exhaust mfg and they said that there isn't enough of an SM market to even recover their tooling costs. The name brands do business in the thousands of pieces and not dozens.

It would have been great to get some SE pipes but those didn't fit the budget. Plus, I wanted to try something different.

KTM routed the rear cylinder's pipe down through the swingarm and looped it back up. That makes the pipe lengths more equal, for even cylinder scavenging. For a turbo this scavenging is less important and maintaining high exhaust gas velocity is more important. So, I'm going to build the rear cylinder's pipe shooting straight toward the turbo.

Past stable : 90 +
Tommy_J is offline   Reply With Quote