View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #97
Apple Jam OP
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1marks View Post
At some point we should break this out into a seperate thread and have a definitive 'IN' list.
I certainly don't care about any Thread Hijack BS one way or the other. So whatever, but....
Some of you may worry that starting it's own thread for your trip may lead to too many riders.

But the couple of week-long rides I've done were the Sound Rider Sasquatch rides with 40-60 people running the same course.
No one ever seemed to get in the way of each other, we just kept to the buddy system for safety,
in small groups of 2-3 that fit each other's style, and could look out for each other.
The rest of the groups were on their own, so nobody got really slowed down, waiting for slower riders.

After experiencing two of those big rides, I personally think any ride is managable with larger groups,
and the first group up front gets to pick that nights campspot by the trail, hopefully by a creek somewhere. If we get separated, oh well.
Each small group for themselves if need be, and we can easily plan the gas stops as the next day's lunch/meetup/regroup spots.

The more the merrier, in MY thought process
And a Thread Title may add riders that may not look here.
It's S1Marks and Asrvivors boat here, that I'm climbing aboard, so you do whatever suits your plans for a good ride.
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote