View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 09:47 AM   #105
Apple Jam OP
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdemon View Post
That's a good idea-I guess we would actually be crossing four states, not two if we were to ride both. Will 14 days be enough?
I am ASSUMING 5 days per state easy, for each trail, and at least a long hard day minimum to get across each state on asphalt,
maybe two if we want to dirt it just a bit and/or relax overnight.
Oregon has some trail additions below Bend that probly "should" be ridden on the way down, if we start South to North.

The run all the way across Washington AFTER the trail would likely feel like a pretty long day,
I wouldn't mind splitting that up in say....Leavenworth, Lake Wenatchee, or Blewitt Pass area on the way home.
Inmate 1911fan has a place in Cashmere, and I think he's doing the WA leg with us.....

BUT, I have not studied the maps. Nor have I talked specifics with anyone that's done it.
I would think 14 days, 7 for each state, would be perfect.

Edit: the first Sasquatch ride across WA, from Hood River to Canada border was easily acheived comfortably in four days,
and the majority of Northbound riding was off-highway.
The second Sasquatch ride from Hood River to Medford in two days was done with too much pavement,
and the days lasted too long for my liking

If we get to Walla Walla by Friday evening, the 29th, spend the night there,
then Saturday Night we can spend at my place just outside Hood River, and get a proper bed, breakfast, and a shower.
Then leave early Sunday morning for the Stevenson meetup a bit more refreshed.

Would this schedule get mrmagoolin to your obligations on the 29th in time??
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)

Apple Jam screwed with this post 02-17-2011 at 10:06 AM
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote