View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #6055
ShadyRascal
Master of None

Oddometer: 6,144
Okay I have a question for 640 Adventure guys. I know given the forum thread here what the general consensus will be, but looking for all the info I can get. (I will also be reading and sifting through the thousands of pages here, but looking for specific comparison comments)

Have any of you gone from a DR650 to a 640 Adventure? I've been on a DR650 for a few years, and it's been a very good bike. Just that I am apparently going to be limited to a one-bike situation, and thinking on upgrading in some way.

I am in western Montana and ride pave roads and dirt roads. Not much single track and technical stuff, but some. Occasional longer trips as time allows.

The DR has worked fine for this.......but thinking I want *something* a little better before spending more on the Zooki. Thus far I've put suspension and exhaust improvments and it has decent power. I have a windscreen and like keeping the blast off my chest.

So, the questions:

How are the rumored engine vibrations in relation to any other thumper? (Mainly curious at highway speed)

How is the all-day comfort?

Quirks to iron out?

Reliability/ease of maintenance? (DR is reliable as a hammer and just as easy to service)

Those who ride a 640 as their only bike, does it leave you wanting anything?

Thanks in advance for any advice, comments, slap-downs and heckling.

SR

Evolution, or, natural selection, has nothing to do with better.

It merely weeds out what is no longer suitable for the given context.

Originally Posted by Dragoon

I would rather be on my motorcycle thinking about God than in church thinking about my motorcycle.
ShadyRascal is offline   Reply With Quote