View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 06:33 AM   #7
johnwesley OP
wanta be

Oddometer: 1,502
right now the fuel plan is to build a cell that goes between the fender struts an just behind the drivers seat. Hope to get 4 gallons from it which will give 7.3 total. I want to try and keep the peanut tank as I like the look of it.

I have seen the other builds for the true off-road bikes. here are two that come to mind

this one from Australia is what shows me I may be able to build one and the reason to throw out logic and just do it

then a forum member built this one with minor modds, just wheel and shocks. Don't let the tank fool ya it has to many plug wires

JD from weight stand point I'd be happy to keep it under 500. It will be no fly weight like the V649HP. If someone likes to see results from weight reduction efforts this is the bike. Everything on it is heavy, all thick wall steel. even the fenders weight several pounds. Easy to get the weight down
below is the stock specs with this build the ground clearance goes up to 5"+/- as does the seat height

Length 88.5 in.
Weight 501 lbs.
Ground Clearance 6.7 in.
Wheelbase 60.2 in.
Seat Height 28.0 in.

In stock form this bike isn't bad a s a adv bike along the lines of a scrambler type bike as it has 6.1" of travel and 6.7" clearance with a 19" front wheel.

the 650r was a bike I considered strongly, but just never found that deal I wanted. I found this bike for about what the 650 is going for here
johnwesley is offline   Reply With Quote